Today we take a look at the difference and a comparison between the Arai Tour X4 vs Arai XD 4 motorcycle helmets.
If you don’t have enough time to read through the whole thing, we’ve featured the winner here and a quick summary of what makes it a better helmet over the other one from Arai.
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Ultra light weight durable aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell;
- 3-level top ventilation control and 5-position ventilation channel;
- Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior, Removable and washable
- Beautiful glossy UV protective finish;
- Aerodynamic rear venturi-effect exhaust spoiler; DOT Approved
Arai Tour X4 – A Brief Overview
Comes with an easy-to-remove visor.
It is true that the Arai Tour-X4 can be worn without the peak (and without the visor), but most purchasers will choose it because of its extremely high level of sun protection.
Therefore, it is paramount that you comprehend that noise increases and your neck become stronger; peaks aren’t a universal solution for everyone.
It makes biking more safe at night, and it is especially useful for evening rides.
Its venting is less powerful than the Shoei Hornet ADV, and it cannot be used without a peak and visor. But is it better than the Shoei Hornet ADV? It depends on what you want out of a lid.
On the other hand, the visor is a lot easier to remove and replace even with the peak on, so it is a much lighter lid.
It will be a matter of choosing between the more road-focused Shoei or the more off-road-trained Arai to hear the same drumming sound.
A great helmet with excellent venting, the Tour-X 4 is perfect for riders who know the ramifications of riding with a peak.
Arai XD-4 – A Brief Overview
“Just look at that bad boy. Its like I stole it from Master Chief when he wasn’t looking.”
On the XD4, the driver is extremely satisfied with the wide unobstructed field of view provided by the clear and wide face shield, especially outside near the peripherals.
There are not many helmets on the market that offer this level of ventilation.
Arai uses venting in its face shields rather than anti-fogging chemicals to help keep the mask from fogging up.
The mouth guard comes with a standard air intake port on the front of the mouthguard, but in addition, there are two toggles for increased ventilation on the inside of the chin.
A rocker switch is used to control the two top vents.
It can be shut or left half-open, and you can close or open the two exhaust ports located at the lower front of the lid and above the ears.
A retractable chin deflector is included on the helmet, and I realized that it works quite well when it is deployed.
Shell sizes range from XS-XXL internally on the shell while the chin strap is a generic D-ring with no padding.
New comfort headliner styles are available, and they also feature peel away temple pads and proprietary Facial Contour System cheek pads.
A Dry Cool system is present throughout the entire interior to wick away moisture and heat and, in conjunction with the extreme ventilation system, produces a cool, dry interior.
The combination of these features combined make for one of the most comfortable surfaces I’ve ever slept in.
Arai uses a special composite fiber laminate which reduces weight while retaining the rigidity and strength needed in case things go wrong.
There’s a noticeable difference between the noise level of the XD4 and other adventure-style helmets since the XD4 is not as light as a carbon fiber lid.
One feature with this lid is that you can pick any combination of iterations: you can remove the clear face shield and clear visor, or just the clear visor.
A Honda Africa Twin model is the most expensive out of the nineteen paint options available. Five are solid and the rest in graphics.
A nice attention to detail is that the peak visor has matte black inside to reduce glare—not something you would notice right away.
As you might expect given its classic ADVenture-style, the updated version of the Arai helmet received positive reviews.
As a manufacturer, they are known for comfort and safety for serious safety helmets.
It’s pretty expensive, but you pay that for a hand-built product that uses proprietary technologies along with some complex features.