Unable to decide between the Shoei RF-1400 vs AGV K6? I’m going to help you find out which one would be a better choice for you, and which one I’d personally buy if I were in your shoes. 😉
Let’s get going!
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
AGV K6 Overview
“Was immediately impressed by how light the box was. The helmet is extremely light. Love the shell size also. It?s a smaller helmet and I don?t look like I have a bobble head. Great vision.”
Apart from a few minor niggles, the build quality is generally very good. Owners rate the K6 as excellent for comfort because of the variety of quality materials used inside.
In the smallest shell size, you’ll be closer to the 2.75lb figure AGV states (otherwise, you’ll likely weigh around 3.1lb). It’s almost the same weight as the Shoei RF-1400.
While it has been DOT and ECE certified, so it meets some high safety standards regardless, Snell testing has not yet been completed
Noise attenuation is about average; if you buy a K6, you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
Several chin vents are attached to the chin bar and are arranged in a scowling V formation above the shield.
The unfortunate thing about AGV’s multi vents is that they must be opened separately, so three forehead vents are a lot more than most helmets contain.
Featuring 190 degrees of horizontal vision and 85 degrees of vertical, it offers excellent all-round visibility. In addition, they’ve designed an optically correct shield that’s 4mm thick.
You can also remove the chin curtain and the neck roll from there, as well as the washable comfort liner.
Shoei RF-1400 Overview
“I absolutely love my new RF-1400. I’ve got 3 other helmets and this one is, by far, the best in all aspects. Shoei definitely displays their experience and expertise when it comes to R&D.”
As far as protection is concerned, it is DOT and Snell certified. Besides the Pinlock in the box, the shield system is well thought out, well-built, and works great.
It’s especially comfortable for rounded, neutral-shaped heads, which is great since there’s not that much choice out there for you. Moreover, it does a great job controlling noise and has great aerodynamics.
While you can fit a comms unit, it’s not the lightest helmet you’ll ever wear.
Shoei delivered the helmet they promised with the RF-1400. An evolution of the old 1200 helmet, it is a great all-rounder. In our opinion, it’s well worth the investment even though it isn’t cheap, so if you make the investment, you won’t be disappointed.