Confused between the Shoei RF-1400 vs Arai Defiant-X motorcycle helmets?
I’m here to help! 😉
I’ll take a look at each of these helmets and help you decide which one you should get and why.
Shoei RF-1400 vs. Arai Defiant-X
Shoei RF-1400 Wins!
- Shoei RF-1400 gives you a more modern look.
- It’s more comfortable.
- It’s built well and better than Defiant.
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
“I absolutely love my new RF-1400. I’ve got 3 other helmets and this one is, by far, the best in all aspects.”
The best-selling motorcycle helmet from Shoei has been improved even further. The helmet was updated to achieve more wind noise cancellation by improving the fit and snugness.
Further, the Shoei RF-1400 enables you to wear glasses of nearly all shapes and sizes thanks to its new design that is more glasses-friendly.
As well as being Snell 2020 certified, it is also DOT certified for an extra layer of security and reassurance. Snell and DOT certifications of this helmet only make it a cherry on top for Shoei’s already stellar build quality.
A comparison to the Arai Defiant-X reveals that the Shoei RF-1400 is even lighter weighing only 3 pounds, while the Arai Defiant-X weighs around 3 pounds and 10 ounces. As a result, you should be able to ride more comfortably without feeling any pain in the head or shoulders.
A Bluetooth communication device can also be installed in this helmet for long rides with your group.
A fine metallic flake is visible in the black base paint of the shell, along with subtle reflective particles that can only be seen up close.
A powerful shell with a large eye port is achieved by utilizing Aria’s PB-CLC shell, which includes what they call “peripheral belts”. Layers of materials are used to construct the shell, and the belts are structured so that cracks do not spread upon impact.
A shell with at least a 75mm radius in a continuous curve is more effective at dispersing impact energy.
On the underside of the chin bar, there is a modest chin curtain that measures 1.5 inches (38mm) wide at its broadest point. There is no curtain in this model that can be lowered for increased effectiveness, like the Vector or Signet X.
There are two inboard vents that measure 35mm in length (about 1 inch) and two outboard vents that measure 7/8″ (22mm).