Confused and unable to decide between the Shoei RF-1400 vs the Shoei GT Air 2?
Worry not, my friend! I’m here to save the day! 🙌
I’ll compare both these Shoei motorcycle helmets and see which one I’d personally pick over the year, and why. This hopefully will help you decide as well.
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
Shoei RF-1400 – A Brief Overview
“$500 is nothing to scoff at, however I feel that for what I received, it is absolutely worth the money.”
Shoei has improved on their already great and best-seller motorcycle helmet of all time. They released a newer version with improved fit and snugness of the helmet so that it cancels out wind noise better.
Furthermore, the Shoei RF-1400 is now a more glasses-friendly design and lets you wear glasses of almost all types and sizes.
It is also Snell 2020 certified as well as DOT certified for your safety and feeling at ease with its reliability. Shoei’s already known for their solid build quality of their helmets, and when you pair this with their Snell and DOT certification of this helmet- it’s a cherry on the cake.
Shoei RF-1400 is also very light, only 3 pounds, especially when we compare it to the Shoei GT Air 2. It should give you a more comfortable ride without any headaches or shoulder pain.
You also get the support for installing your universal Bluetooth communication devices to this helmet for long group tour rides.
Shoei GT Air 2 – A Brief Overview
“Great for Commuter, flip down tinted Screen is great at dusk and dawn situations to block glare and direct sunlight. this is my second Shoei, my first was an RF1200. These skid lids Rock!”
The main thing that sets Shoei GT Air 2 apart from the Shoei RF-1400 is that it is very heavy. It comes at 5.8 pounds compared to the 3-pound weight of the Shoei RF-1400, which makes it a worse helmet for me honestly.
I’d never buy it when I have these two helmet weight measurements in front of me, even if I had to ride short distances all the time.
I compared the “medium” size weight of both helmets and there’s still such a difference. I can only imagine how heavier the larger-size versions would be of this GT Air 2 helmet.
I apologize if I sounded biased or unfair, but this is just me personally. I’d never buy a heavier helmet even if it has more features that I like. I usually like to ride longer rides of more than an hour or so, which makes me tired easily, even with lighter helmets.
However, if you do not care about the weight differences between the two, you can watch this review video of the Shoei GT Air 2 and see if it has all the features you want in a motorcycle helmet.
If it does, feel free to buy this one over the Shoei RF-1400.