Unable to decide between the Shoei RF-1400 vs Shoei Neotec 2?
I’m here to help you make a decision! 😉
I’ll explain a few features of each helmet so you can make a clear choice and see which one of these two helmets is best for you.
Shoei RF-1400 vs. Shoei Neotec 2
Shoei RF-1400 Wins!
I think that the Shoei RF-1400 offers better value for the money. It costs less and weighs less. Burdens your shoulders less and your pocket less. A good helmet, isn’t it? 😉
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
“Extremely quiet at speeds up to 60 and still can clearly hear my Bluetooth speakers all the way to 100.”
Shoei released its long-awaited RF-1400 replacement for its RF-1200, the company’s top-selling machine.
In fact, it’s an improvement on the RF-1400, making it a great all-rounder.
Snell and DOT certifications mean the product is protected. It has a well-thought-out shield system, works well, and comes with a Pinlock.
There is not that much choice out there for you guys, so it is especially comfy for those with more neutrally shaped rounder heads. The car has impressive aerodynamics, as well as an excellent noise control system.
You might have trouble fitting a comms unit into this helmet – though it can be done. It’s not the lightest helmet in the world.
To conclude, Shoei delivered the helmet it promised and it is the RF-1400. It is an evolution of the old 1200 helmet that is a terrific all-rounder. Our recommendation is to make the investment because it is well worth it, and we are not expecting disappointment.
“This is my second Neotec and the insurance company confiscated the first after a crash the destroyed the first one. Quality, Quality, Quality. Makes me wonder what kind of helmet the rich guys wear.”
A solid helmet is taken and refined and further developed with the Neotec II from Shoei.
When it was tested independently by SHARP, it scored the same overall marks as its predecessor, the Neotec I – however its chin guard score of about 70% was actually lower than the old one and lower than most buyers would probably accept in a modular helmet.
We didn’t come across any owners who found this to be a concern – although it is a little heavy.
Despite those issues, many owners find it to be a great helmet because of its build quality, ventilation, comfort, and visor system. While it’s not cheap, it is said to be a pleasure to use as a daily helmet.
Sena’s SRL helmet is also one of the best when it comes to helmets available with Bluetooth connectivity because it integrates with the kit.
It is, however, not the quietest helmet out there, so if you love Shoei’s build quality, you might appreciate the Neotec II despite the minor niggles like chin guard score.