Unable to decide between the RF-1400 vs Shoei RF-SR?
I’m here to help and make it easier for you to decide which one would work best for you of these two helmets, and why.
Let’s dig in!
Shoei RF-1400 vs. Shoei RF-SR
Shoei RF-1400 Wins!
We feel that the Shoei RF 1400 is a better choice. Since it is lighter, it should be easier on your shoulders, give you less fatigue, and make you feel more comfortable. Other than that, they both look similar and are designed similarly. The prices aren’t much different either.
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
With slight improvements over the old RF-1200, the RF-1400 is an excellent all-rounder helmet.
It has both DOT and Snell certifications when it comes to protection. The shield system looks great, works well, and came with a pin-lock inside the box.
Because you have few options for heads that are rounded or neutrally shaped, it’s especially comfortable for you. Furthermore, it has excellent aerodynamics as well as good noise control.
This helmet can accommodate a comms unit, but it isn’t the lightest you will ever wear.
The Shoei RF-1400 helmet fulfilled its promise. In addition to being a great all-rounder, it is a great evolution of the old 1200 helmet. Although it isn’t cheap, we think that it’s worth the investment, so if you do decide to invest, you won’t regret it.
Shoei’s AIM+ technology (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus) powers the RF-SR. The helmet is made up of five layers of fiberglass and organic fiber that Shoei claims are tough, strong, and elastic.
Using hand-laid fiberglass/organic-fiber composite multi-ply Shell Shoei called Matrix AIM+, this wallet-friendly Shoei is built with an affordable price tag.
Despite its resiliency and energy-absorbing properties, fiberglass composites are still favored by most manufacturers when it comes to making shells.
EPS liner (the “foam”) is a primary impact energy absorber combining multi-density layers to reduce weight and make the overall helmet smaller while providing high levels of protection.
Designed for perfect optics from every angle, Shoei’s 3-D injection-molded shield is manufactured in the United States by the same company that manufactures pilot visors for military applications.
Using the same CWR-1 insert (Pinlock EVO antifog insert included), this model makes use of the same chassis as the X-Fourteen chassis, which is ribbed at its edges to maintain structural integrity.
As a result, the helmet can also accept the racing-oriented CWR-F, which has posts and is vertically flat, allowing it to be used as a tear-off. It doesn’t matter what bike I’m riding, even my ratty Norton, which is so un-jet-like.