Unable to decide between the Shoei RF-1400 vs Shoei X-14?
No worries. I’ll guide you to finally be able to pick one up over the other and be confident in your decision of preferring one motorcycle helmet over the other, even though both are from Shoei.
Shoei RF-1400 vs. Shoei X-14
Shoei X-14 Wins!
- It has almost the same features.
- But, it weighs less, means less tiring rides.
If you don’t feel these two helmets match your needs, check out these best-selling motorcycle helmets on Amazon! They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see. 😉
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)ï¼›the helmet comes with one installed tinted shield and one extra spare clear s
- Advance Aerodynamics Design & Quick Release Buckle Design;
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
- Quick Release Clasp and Strap and Removable Inner Lining Pads
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Boasting a compact, aerodynamic DOT shell design with sharp and aggressive styling for impeccable impact protection to excel whether short-distance street performance or long-distance touring comfort.
- Multiple conscientiously designed ventilation panels effective in streamlining the cooling process to assist with freshening the rider's experience. Large lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves.
- Trendsetting springs for precise functionality ensuring a superior wind and water sealant layer. Unique 3D molded shield designed to ensure a distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision.
- Removable Breath Guard rerouting the rider’s breath to reduce shield fogging. Inserted Chin Curtain designed to reduce wind turbulence and noise. Quick-Release Chin Strap for effortless usage.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable microfiber inner material that absorbs sweat without compromising comfort or security. Plus the GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer.
- Multi-purpose Balaclava: The full face masks are Multifunctional： uv sun/dust proof, windproof ,anti-pollen，Helmet lining,mosquito protection, Cover up tattoo etc..They are ideal for men and women go cycling, Motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, climbing ,fishing hiking, working on boat ,mow grass and other Outdoor Sports or jobs. Very useful in daily life.
- It’s a great way to keep mouth and nose covered. You can give a little extra protection by adding a fold paper towel or disposable mask between your face and mask.High Quality Face Masks are made of Lycra Fabric that Establish Exquisite Performance for Breathability, Absorbency, Wicking, Durability and Abrasion Resistance.
- For your safety before wearing face mask,Please hand-wash them.Dark color will fade, please wash them separately.They are very soft. Wrinkle Free. Lightweight. Extremely strong and durable, portable and comfortable - quick drying and machine washable.
- The face hood Can be worn as an open or closed balaclava, bandana,face cover,scarf, neck gaiter,headband ,hat or face mask, also pulled down under chin. It can be also used as extra face protection under your helmet. The balaclava keep your face skin away from cold, wind, dust and sun's uv rays, so you can enjoy outdoor sports.
- One size fits most: can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet. Fabric is hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Machine washable and quick dry.
“My first Shoei and it’s lived up to the hype.”
Safety ratings for this Shoei helmet include DOT, ECE, and SNELL. In other words, it can be used for various riding styles and conditions.
In comparison to the X-14’s 3 lbs, the helmet weighs approximately 3.62 lbs, and it remains one of the lightest motorcycle helmets available through SNELL.
Additionally, the shield opens in the first position and features a shield adjuster. For defogging purposes, you can keep the shield partially open with this feature.
With its UV protection of up to 99% and Pinlock lens insert, it offers a 10% wider field of vision. Almost no fogging issues occur due to the excellent visibility.
A 50% larger air vent makes the RF-1400 significantly more efficient. A modified exhaust vent with four outlets and six intake vents are available on the helmet (two in the chin-bar, two in the middle, and two on either side).
No less comfortable than its predecessor, the Shoei RF-1400 is no less stylish. The interior comfort liner is the exact same as that of an X-14 helmet, as it comes with the 3D Max-Dry System II.
“Best of the best of the best oh yes!!! Such a cool feeling kid, makes you feel like you are part of the bike, no bulk, just breeze 😉 awesome!”
CWR-F Race Shield technology on the Shoei X-14 provides riders with 99% protection against the sun’s UV rays. Winter days are made so much easier by Pinlock EVO’s fog-resistant system.
Aerodynamic stability and ventilation performance of the Shoei X-14 are tested in the wind tunnel.
It also features a Multi-Density EPS Liner which uses varying densities of foam to provide enhanced impact absorption in a crash and to reduce head injuries.
Each Shoei X-14 helmet is DOT and SNELL M2015 certified and comes in four shell sizes and five EPS liner sizes.
Among the features of the Shoei X-14 helmet is its latest 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System that can be easily washed, removed, adjusted, and replaced. Material made from Max-Dry absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as quickly as conventional nylon.
Shoei X-14 helmets come with an emergency quick-release system (E.Q.R.S), which can be used to remove the cheek pads from a helmet in case of injury.
However, this helmet weighs around 3 pounds, which is less than the Shoei RF-1400.